The University of Nottingham (UK), Matelys – Research Lab (France) and Ecole Nationale des Travaux Publics de l’Etat – ENTPE (France) are happy to invite you to join to a 2 days’ short course to be held at ENTPE in Vaulx-en-Velin (greater Lyon, France) on April 23rd and 24th, 2019.
The course is part of the training program of the EU project No2Noise (N2N), a European Industrial Doctorate funded under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions 2017.
The lectures (in English) will address the manufacturing, the modeling and the application of porous sound packages in today’s industry.
It is dedicated to engineers and early researchers willing to have state-of-the-art information transmitted by world leading experts in the domain :
– Prof. Noureddine Atalla (GAUS),
– Dr. Gregory Lielens (FFT),
– Dr. Jean-François Rondeau (Faurecia),
– Dr. Pierre Leroy (Saint-Gobain),
– Drs. François-Xavier Bécot, Fabien Chevillotte, Luc Jaouen (Matelys).
The course will include lectures on
– porous material theory and acoustic modeling,
– analytical modeling of sound package at the component level,
– numerical modeling at the system level,
– manufacturing and application of porous sound packages.
The course + lunches + breaks are free of charge but registrations to the event are mandatory.
Your registration, including
• a short CV,
• a summary of your current research work and a motivation letter,
• a letter of recommendation,
should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before April the 1st of 2019.
The number of participants is limited so we invite you to proceed with your registration as soon as possible.
For more information (detailed program, suggestions for accommodations…), visit :